Since announcing sugar craft classes with Tara Gan, we have been inundated with requests for one day classes. Here we are, with not one but two back to back one day classes! This class is all about sugar roses. Tara is famous for her laid back approach and easy style. In this one day intensive class, she will teach how to make very effective looking sugar roses that will look absolutely stunning on any wedding cake. This class will be immediately followed by Tara's second beginner level class that focuses on peonies, blossom and sweet peas.
In this one day class you will learn:
- Three different stages of sugar roses - simple bud, large closed rose and large David Austin rose
- How to make rose leaves
- About the different materials that you can use to make sugar roses
- How to use simple sugar craft tools effectively to get beautiful results
- How to use petal dust to make your roses stand out
- How to use veiners to make petals look realistic
You will go home with:
- All the roses and leaves you will have made
- New skills in making gorgeous sugar roses
- New skills in making sugar leaves, these often steal the show!
- Answers to any questions that you can throw at us about sugar craft
Please note that the focus of this class will be on teaching as many sugar craft techniques as possible in a short amount of time. We have designed this class keeping in mind beginners who wish to explore the art of making sugar roses. Everyone works at a different speed - you may not be able to make as many leaves/petals as everyone else/teacher. Please do not worry about this. Our intention is to send you home with skills to recreate these at home with easily available materials and equipment rather than recreate everything exactly in our workshop. If you have any questions about the content of this class, please do send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0208 305 1756 and we will be more than happy to discuss this further.
All ingredients and equipment for the day are provided, you do not need to bring anything with you! If in doubt about your suitability for this class, please call us to discuss before you book a place.
Please note that pictures are for illustrative purposes only.
Please double check the date that you wish to make the booking as there will be no refunds for cancellations. In the unlikely event that we cancel a class, a full refund will be offered. Please do read our Terms and Conditions on this website (find link at the bottom of each web page) before booking a class. For further details, please email email@example.com or call 0208 305 1756