If you have ever oohed and aahed over professionally iced cakes and wondered just how and why they tick all the right boxes of appearance and cakes, then this is the class for you. Learn all the skills needed to bake cakes to a professional standard. You will do everything under our expert guidance - baking mouth watering cakes to our tried and tested recipes, right down to layering and covering your cakes with buttercream and/or ganache.
Class runs from 10am - 5pm.
For pictures about this class, please go to this webpage.
In this five day cake baking course, you will learn:
- Learn the details that matter when baking professionally
- Bake three different kinds of cake - vanilla, chocolate and orange.
- Learn how to make basic sugar flowers, including mini roses, daisies and leaves
- Learn how to make Swiss Meringue Buttercream
- Learn the secret art of cake flavouring and perfect buttercream making
- Use simple floral decorations under the expert guidance of our tutor to transform even the simplest of cakes cafe proud!
- Learn how to make dark chocolate ganache using the best quality chocolate and fresh cream
- Learn how to work with flavoured sugar syrup to moisten your baked cakes and enhance flavours
- Learn how to decorate your cakes - with chocolate ganache (with sharp edges), with buttercream (cafe/patisserie style) and fondant (for weddings)
- Learn how to cover a ganache covered cake with fondant (sugarpaste) and get sharp edges
- Learn what sets apart professionals from hobbyists
- Learn how to cover a dummy cake with ease – this is especially important to make display cakes for consultations, magazine shoots etc.
- Learn how to dowel a two tiered cake and arrange this on an iced board for that perfect professional look (chocolate cakes
- Baking chocolate, orange and vanilla cakes
- Layering large cakes, perfect for wedding cakes
- Masking with buttercream and ganache, two very different skills
- Covering cake with ganache - this is the hottest new trend to sweep the cake industry, fast becoming a pre-requisite for any cake business
- Covering ganached cake with fondant - see above!
- Getting sharp edges - another pre-requisite, this style is much in demand
- Making simple blossom (daisies, leaves etc.)
- Making simple roses
All ingredients and equipment, including transport boxes, for your cake course are provided, you do not need to bring anything with you. Should you wish to buy any equipment used during the class, there will be a selection available to purchase. If in doubt about your suitability for this class, please call us on 0208 305 1756 to discuss before you book a place. Teachers for each day are subject to change.
Please note that pictures are for illustrative purposes only.
Please double check the date that you wish to make the booking as there will be no refunds for cancellations. In the unlikely event that we cancel a class, a full refund will be offered. Please do read our Terms and Conditions on this website (find link at the bottom of each web page) before booking a class. For further details, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0208 305 1756.