We are very excited to introduce a brand new teacher here at Fair Cake, the extraordinarily talented, Tara Gan. Tara Gan is an award winning cake designer and sugar artist whose work is breathtakingly beautiful. Tara works with florist paste to create gorgeous sugar flowers that are then sold in her Etsy shop to professional cake makers from around the country. Her work is much in demand. To see more of Tara's work, follow her on Instagram here and on Facebook, here.
Flowers covered in this class:
Large Open Peony
Since our last cake collaboration, we have been inundated by students requesting Tara's classes, so here we are.
This class is suitable for beginners. Here are some examples of what you can expect to learn in this class -
In this two day class, you will learn:
* How to make a gorgeous open peony - each petal will be ruffled, delicate and individually made for that wow factor
* How to make individual petals on wires and then bind them together into a gorgeous flower
* How to make a spectacular closed rose, much like this one, including realistic veins and dusting
* How to make realisitc (and very useful!) leaves
* How to make cherry blossom, using Tara's own unique "Free Cut" technique, similar to those below:
* Finally, last but by no means least, you will also learn how to make super delicate sweet pea flowers with floaty tendrils, similar to those in the picture below:
Here is an example of how we used these sweet peas to decorate a cake:
You will take home
* All the sugar flowers that you will have made yourself
* A wealth of new skills - including taping, wiring and dusting flowers to bring your creations to life
* A whole new understanding of skills required to make stunning sugar flowers
* Answers to any questions about sugar flower making and the cake industry that you can throw at us!
All ingredients and equipment, including transport boxes, for the day are provided, you do not need to bring anything with you. If in doubt about your suitability for this class, please call us on 0208 305 1756 to discuss before you book a place.
Please note that the number of smaller flowers you will take home will depend on your speed. At no point would we want for you to feel that you are being rushed!
Please note that pictures are for illustrative purposes only. Teachers for each day are subject to change.
Please double check the date that you wish to make the booking as there will be no refunds for cancellations. In the unlikely event that we cancel a class, a full refund will be offered. Please do read our Terms and Conditions on this website (find link at the bottom of each web page) before booking a class. For further details, please email email@example.com or call 0208 305 1756.