This is THE trend that is not showing any signs of slowing down in the cake industry - using super simple but very effective and very modern (shall we say post-modern? Post-fondant? Post-sugarflowers?!) techniques to product show stopping and delectable results!
This class is PERFECT FOR ABSOLUTE BEGINNERS! To read a review of this class by a student, please go to our blog, here.
Class runs from 10am to 4:30pm each day.
Lets start with what you will be doing in this fast paced three day cake course - everything from baking your very own cakes to making your own Swiss Meringue Buttercream, edible sails and using easily available decorations to enhnace your cakes. There, of course, will be that all important drip!
In this three day class, you will learn:
- How to bake two different flavours of cake
- How to make Swiss Meringue Buttercream from scratch
- How to make American Buttercream from scratch
- How to prepare salted caramel buttercream and use it as a filling
- How to prepare chocolate and ganache buttercream and use it as a filling
- How to prepare your cakes for decorating
- How to use essential cake decorating equipment to achieve smooth straight sides on your cakes as well as relatively sharp edges on cakes
- How to create very stylish drips on your cakes
- How to make edible sails, THE technique everyone is talking about
- Plenty more!
Here are some more designs that can be created using the techniques demonstrated in class:
You can make chocolate truffles, using our simple recipe and the entire look of your cake will change!
Or use fresh flowers! And Smarties? Slightly wonky drips? Once you understand the basics, you can be infinitely creative!
How about this:
Simple rich chocolate truffles, and some ganache drips?
Or how about using delicate lavendar to decorate your cake?
You will go home with:
- A two tier cake that your will have decorated yourself (please note that this will be heavy to carry)
- New skills in baking
- New skills in making Swiss Meringue Buttercream
- New skills in decorating using very trendy techniques and designs
- An understanding of stacking and dowelling cakes
PLEASE NOTE: We will not be using fresh flowers in class. The pictures are for display purposes only. Your teacher, Laura Grix, will talk you through any design elements in any picture shown, but for efficient running of this class, you will be guided by her in terms of design. Pictures are for illustrative purposes only!
All ingredients and equipment, including transport boxes, for your cake course are provided, you do not need to bring anything with you.
Please note that you will be encouraged to work at your own speed. Everyone in class is likely to have different skill levels. The teacher will ensure that you work at a pace suitable for you.
If in doubt about your suitability for this class, please call us on 0208 305 1756 to discuss before you book a place. Teachers for each day are subject to change.
If you would like, you can bring a large bag to carry your cakes home. We provide sturdy cardboard boxes, but you may find it easier to carry your cakes in a bag such as an Ikea bag.
Please note that we do NOT allow video recording of our classes, either full or any element.
Please double check the date that you wish to make the booking as there will be no refunds for cancellations. In the unlikely event that we cancel a class, a full refund will be offered. Please do read our Terms and Conditions on this website (find link at the bottom of each web page) before booking a class. For further details, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0208 305 1756.