This class is one of our most popular and now we bring you the Christmas version.
Swiss Meringue Buttercream is soft and buttery, it melts in your mouth and has an amazing texture. It is also perfect for piping flowers using special nozzles. The best bit is that you can bite right through the cake, no “crunchy” fondant flowers here! (Unless you want there to be a smattering, but we shall talk about that in class).
Although covering a cake with delicate florist paste flowers gives it a gorgeous look, we all know that this means using metal wires, florist tape and many other materials that we would rather avoid. However, we do like to decorate our cakes with flowers – enter Buttercream Flowers!
In this one day class, you will learn:
- How to make the perfect Swiss Meringue Buttercream (demo – with plenty of time for questions and answers)
- How to ensure that your buttercream is perfect for piping flowers
- How to cover a round cake with with smooth Swiss Meringue Buttercream – including crumb coating and final masking
- How to colour your buttercream with a variety of food colours to achieve a modern look
- How to use a flower nail
- How to pipe poinsettias, Christmas roses, pine cones, mistletoe berries and leaves using buttercream
- How to store your buttercream flowers until they are ready for your cake/cupcakes
- How to place your piped flowers on your cake in the most gorgeous arrangement – you will be the boss of your own arrangement
If you have any specific questions about this class, including that about content, times, skills taught etc., please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
You will go home with:
A beautiful and delicious cake that you will have covered and decorated with Swiss Meringue Buttercream flowers
A wealth of new skills in piping stunning buttercream flowers for a fresh and modern look on cakes
A full understanding of how to pipe buttercream flowers and place these on cakes
The ability to take your skills and create a wealth of different designs, with the potential for setting up a business or pursuing a new hobby
Confidence in making and working with Swiss Meringue Buttercream
An appreciation of basic cake design principles and colour coordination
An answer to pretty much any cake question you can throw at us!
Pictures are for illustrative purposes only.
All ingredients and equipment, including transport boxes, for your cake course are provided, you do not need to bring anything with you. The teacher will ensure that you work at a pace suitable for you.
If in doubt about your suitability for this class, please call us on 0208 305 1756 to discuss before you book a place. Teachers for each day are subject to change.
If you would like, you can bring a large bag to carry your cake home. We provide sturdy cardboard boxes, but you may find it easier to carry your cake in a bag such as an Ikea bag.
Please note that we do NOT allow video recording of our classes, either full or any element.
Please double check the date that you wish to make the booking as there will be no refunds for cancellations. In the unlikely event that we cancel a class, a full refund will be offered. Please do read our Terms and Conditions on this website (find link at the bottom of each web page) before booking a class. For further details, please email email@example.com or call 0208 305 1756.