Ever watched bake off shows and wished you could create show stopping French Patisserie? Or perhaps you wanted to create a dessert table worthy of Julia Child or Prue Leith?? Well this might be the course you’ve been waiting for. Under the expert guidance of your tutor, you will learn how to make light choux pastry, delectable macarons in very modern flavours, create a croqembouche tower and bake madeleines that will take you to the romantic streets of Paris!
Class runs from 10am – 5.00pm.
Over the course of 5 days you will learn how to:
- Prep for success; Learn how to plan your baking to create stunning patisserie- style dessert tables
- Make sweet pastry and blind bake
- Make a filling for lemon tarts
- Glaze and decorate lemon tarts
- Make choux pastry
- Piping skills for macarons, eclairs and choux puffs
- Assemble and build a wedding sized Croquembouche
- Make chocolate modelling paste and create hand moulded chocolate roses
- Make pastry cream ( Crème Pâtissière)and choux pastry fillings; praline and chocolate
- How to fill eclairs and choux puffs for the Croquembouche tower
- Make madeleines
- Make ganache based fillings for macarons – Strawberry Basil and Pistachio
- Make macarons using the Italian meringue method – take away professional tips and tricks for getting the best results
We will offer tips on how to:
- Use the best equipment for optimum results
- Pick the right ingredients for the recipe- Eg; why does French butter make the best pastry?
- Best tips and techniques for storage and shelf life of pastry items
You will take home:
- 1 individual macaron tower with pistachio and strawberry basil macarons
- Lemon tartlets
- Chocolate Eclairs
- Lemon and honey madeleines
- Choux puffs filled with praline pastry cream – you will work in groups to create 1 large Croquembouche tower in order to learn how to create wedding sized towers but you will take home the individual choux puffs)
All ingredients and equipment, including transport boxes, for the course are provided. All the recipes will be provided, including a list of equipment that has been used and where you can purchase these. You do not need to bring anything with you other than a notepad and pen. Please note that you will be encouraged to work at your own speed. This class is ideally suited for beginners as we will cover the basics of baking. The teacher will ensure that you work at a pace suitable for you.
If in doubt about your suitability for this class, please call us on 0208 305 1756 to discuss before you book a place. Teachers for each day are subject to change.
Please note that pictures are for illustrative purposes only.
We encourage you to ask as many questions as possible during the class. Please do not use lunchtime or time after class for questions, you teacher will need a break!
If you would like, you can bring a large bag to carry your goodies home. We provide sturdy cardboard boxes, but you may find it easier to carry your cakes in a bag such as an Ikea bag.
Please note that we do NOT allow video recording of our classes, either full or any element.
Please double check the date that you wish to make the booking as there will be no refunds for cancellations. In the unlikely event that we cancel a class, a full refund will be offered. Please do read our Terms and Conditions on this website (find link at the bottom of each web page) before booking a class. For further details, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0208 305 1756.